Terms of Service
Last updated: September 30, 2021
First of all, thank you for using our products. Nobody likes long, confusing Terms of Service so we have
done our best to publish ours in plain language that is easy to understand.
When we say “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, we are referring to GoalPuppy.com.
When we say “Services”, we mean any product created and maintained by GoalPuppy.com. That includes all
services, whether delivered within a
web browser, desktop application, mobile application, or another format.
When we say “You” or “your”, we are referring to the people or organizations that own an account with one or
more of our Services.
We may update these Terms of Service in the future.
When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms of Service. That’s true
for any of our existing and future products and all features that we add to our Services over time. There
may be times where we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service; in doing
so, we are not waiving that right or provision. These terms do contain a limitation of our
We reserve the right to terminate your account without warning and at our sole discretion.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Company cannot and
will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account. That includes
content posted by others who have access to your login credentials.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
Payment, Refunds, and Plan Changes
- The service is currently free. There is no guarantee that
the service will continue to be free in the future.
Cancellation and Termination
- If you would like to cancel you account, please send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that
if you are a Manager and you cancel your account, it will also automatically cancel the accounts of all
people on your team. You may want to consider setting someone else's account as "Manager" to prevent
such loss of data.
- We have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of
our Services for any reason at any time. Suspension means you and any other users on your account will
not be able to access the account or any content in the account. Termination will furthermore result in
the deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of
all content in your account. We also reserve the right to refuse the use of the Services to anyone for
any reason at any time.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of Company employee
or officer will result in immediate account termination.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Our pricing structure may chance at any time. These changes may affect new and/or existing customers.
In case of pricing changes, we will give at least 14 days notice and will notify you via the email address on record. We may
also post a notice about changes on our websites and/or the affected Services themselves.
Uptime, Security, and Privacy
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an “as is” and “as
available” basis. We do not offer service-level agreements for our Services.
- We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average
usage of other customers of the Services. We will attempt to reach out to the account owner before taking
any action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the
Service for other customers.
- When you use our Services, you entrust us with your data. We take that trust to heart. You agree that
and for no other purpose. We can access your data for the following reasons:
- To help you with support requests you make. We’ll ask for express consent
before accessing your account.
- To safeguard Goal Puppy. We’ll look at logs and metadata as part of our work to
ensure the security of your data and the Services as a whole. If necessary, we may also access
accounts as part of an abuse report investigation.
We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking,
storage, and related technology required to run the Services. A list of these services can be furnished
- Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Goal Puppy is a “service provider”, not a “business”
or “third party”, with respect to your use of the Services. That means we process any data you share
with us only for the purpose you signed up for and as described in these Terms of Service and our
We do not retain, use, disclose, or sell any of that information for any other
commercial purposes unless we have your explicit permission. And on the flip-side, you agree to comply
with your requirements under the CCPA and not use Goal Puppy’s Services in a way that violates the
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Services must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Services. All materials
uploaded remain yours.
- We do not pre-screen content, but reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to
refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- The names, look, and feel of the Services are copyright© to the Company. All rights reserved. You may
without express written permission from the Company. You must request permission to use the Company’s
logo or any Service logos for promotional purposes. We reserve the right to revoke this permission at
any time and for any reason at our sole discretion.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of
the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission of the Company.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services or
Features and Bugs
We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share
their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no
guarantees that our Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our Services
inevitably have some bugs and shortcomings. We track the bugs reported to us and may, or may not, add them
to our backlog of work with a priority given to issues related to security or privacy. Not all reported
bugs will get fixed and we don’t guarantee completely error-free Services.
We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to
you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential,
punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use,
data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages),
resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute
goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages
received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or
alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v)
or any other matter relating to this Terms of Service or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort
(including negligence whether active or passive), product defects, Service downtime or any other theory of liability.
If you have a question about any of the Terms of Service, please contact
our Support team.
These Terms were adapted from
Basecamp open-source policies /
CC BY 4.0.